I've got some exciting news for you guys! This month, I'm going to share two different cake recipes with you and this is kind of an introduction for those two cakes. I mean, they're all covered with buttercream frosting as are these cupcakes in the picture as well.
I had trouble to decide which cake to bake for little P's name giving party so I decided to make two little cakes! I love baking and cakes are really close to my heart. I mean, I really don't enjoy eating them, but decorating and baking parts are my absolute favourites.
(enough to fill & coat a ⌀15cm cake)
- 500g butter
- 900g icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-3 tablespoons milk
- if you want to add different colouring to the cream,
use food colouring :-)
HOW TO ROLL WITH IT?
1. Whip the butter until it's smooth.
2. Add in the icing sugar in batches. Beat on low until the icing sugar has been
absorbed. Then beat on medium speed for about 1 minute or so,
before adding the next batch of icing sugar. Repeat this until all the icing
sugar has been incorporated.
3. Add in your milk one tablespoon at a time.